Monday, November 30, 2009

SIMS 2- What graphics card update thingy do I need to download and where can I find it?

Hi,



I've bought and downloaded the Sims 2(for PC's) a while ago and can play it OK for a while. However, a little while into the game, anywhere between 5 and 20 minutes, the game will freeze. I can still move my mouse around the screen, but cannot click on anything, and the sound will continue to play for a while.



The game then takes me back to my desktop, which has gone all fuzzy, and comes up with the following two boxes.



"Windows- Display Driver Stopped Responding



The ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialogue will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about the failure to Microsoft."



AND



"The Sims 2



The graphics adapter in this system experienced an internal error please contact your graphics adapter manufacturer for technical support. The application will now terminate."



I've contacted the Sims people who told me to download a



SIMS 2- What graphics card update thingy do I need to download and where can I find it?

Maybe this is it:



http://developer.intel.com/support/graph...



SIMS 2- What graphics card update thingy do I need to download and where can I find it?

First you need to determine what your video card is. To do this go to start -%26gt; run -%26gt; "dxdiag" and this will open up a new window. After this window is open click display and it will display your video card. After finding this information go to the manufacturer's site and then download correct file accordingly.



Update:



Well since you have an intel card, it may not be capable of running the sims 2. You may want to invest in getting a decent video card. But if you'd like to try to update your intel card and see if it can run then do this. Click start then go to all applications then go to windows update. This will open a internet explorer window, from here follow the prompts and go go go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan