Monday, November 30, 2009

Help, Graphics card isn't working?

I have a Nvidia Geforce 6100 for a Gateway with Media Center 2005 my graphics card was working then I downloaded PSX2 emulator then I needed DirectX i had it but it it didn't work I went to Nvidia updated the drivers then the emulator came on but the game was jagged and I checked the Nvidia control panel the symbol was all over the place and my videos from wmm came out with green bars also divx stage 6 videos had purple and green bars covering the screen how do I remove the updated driver and which one



Help, Graphics card isn't working?

In would unload the Direct X first, it should be listed in add and remove programs.



This could be a RAM problem - not enough, or a heat problem - overloading you graphics card.



I would check with Nvidia the exact specs of your card and see if it can cope with the Direct X, I suspect it does not.



These days for this kind of activity you need a graphics card with 320MB memory on board and probably 1GB of RAM.



It might also pay to go to the Gateway site and see what updates they have applicable to your machine.



Help, Graphics card isn't working?

you need to download and install the latest drivers go to nvidias site and you can get the drivers from there . i went to the site last week for drivers

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan