Saturday, November 28, 2009

Please recommend a graphics card, also info about soundcards for iTunes?

Hi.



I bought a new computer, here are the specs.



DELL OPTIPLEX GX280 DESKTOP PENTIUM[R] 4 3.2GHZ, 1G DDR2 RAM, 160G HDD, FDD, DVD ROM, [8] USB PORTS, ONBOARD NIC, SOUND, KEYBOARD, MOUSE, RECOVERY DISC, NO OS, FORMATTED



I will primarily use it for playing games, and for editing short movie clips. What graphics card would you recommend? I dont have unlimited money either. I'd probably not want to spend more than 200...is that enough for a good graphics card?



Also with this computer will I be able to listen to music with good quality? Or will I need a new soundcard? Will my logitech X-530 speakers work with it? Im currently using a g4 eMac. The audio specs are as follows:



CODEC:Texas Instruments TAS3004



Sample Rate:44.1 KHz



Number of Inputs:2



Number of Outputs:2



will the pc have the same or better quality than that?



Thanks I'm really confused



Please recommend a graphics card, also info about soundcards for iTunes?

Get an ATI Radeon Graphics Card. Your sound will work fine. I believe an ATI costs about $210. You'll have streaming awesome graphics and will eliminate widescreen streching.



Seiichi



Please recommend a graphics card, also info about soundcards for iTunes?

The sound will be the same, and if the speakers worked with your eMac your PC will work with them. You can get a soundcard if you want surround sound, though.



Also, for a graphics card I recommend either the ATI Radeon 2600 or the nVidia GeForce 8600. More towards the $250 range is the GeForce 8800 which is pretty godly, but only get it if you have an extra $50-100

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan