Monday, November 30, 2009

Accelerated Graphics Port?

I was wonder if there is a way to get Accelerated Graphics Port (the plastic thing) and put it my motherboard because i just got a new graphic card but my comp is pci. Right the graphic card is im my comp doing nothing b/c i need that little plastic piece, so if i get that thing and put it in my motherboard would my graphic card work? I have like the spot where the plastic thing fit i just need to get one.



Accelerated Graphics Port?

Knightmare...



In the source link/image provided, there are two port types being displayed. The top intended is a standard AGP bus.



If the little plastic thing on the right hand side of the AGP bus is the thing that is actually *missing* from the bus, then you have an AGP bus missing the little plastic thing. The bus still operates when a card is seated. It's simply a retainer when using 3.3 and 1.5V cards.



Just below the top AGP slot in the image, are two PCI slots. If the video card is PCI, then it can *only* fit in that slot. As you can see the position of the ports in relation to the slots, either an AGP fits in the top or a PCI fits in the lower.



Hope this helps...



Accelerated Graphics Port?

I don't think that would work, the little plastic thing is not there for a reason, the BIOS would probably not recognize the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan