Saturday, November 28, 2009

Dell 8300 Agp Graphics card compatability issues.?

I went out ot the store yesterday and bought a BFG Nvidea Geforce 7800gs Overclocked with 256mb of video memory. I put it into my computer and hooked up the extra power and, when i started up the computer all thing appeared normal (making the same noise, graphics card fan running), but there was no video. I put my old nvidea 5200 (128mb) back in and installed the new drivers. Then again i put the bfg back in, still will not display video. I have met all system reqirements, and installed it properly.So here's the question, why is this not working, and if it cant what graphics card will work?



My pc's specs



2.87 ghz prosesser



512 ram



1 agp slot



2? unused pci slots



Dell 8300 Agp Graphics card compatability issues.?

The 7800GS AGP draws about 55 watts. Your old card draws about 34 watts. Your power supply could be unable to supply the power needs of the new card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan