Sunday, December 6, 2009

XFX 8400GS GRAPHICS CARD - Crashing!!!?

just bought a new graphics card today and installed it and pluged it in bust it keep crashing! i have told the BIOS to use that card and told the OS to use that card. every time i start an application it crashes to a blue screen with writing on. ERROR CODE: *** STOP: 0X000000DA (0X0000000000000400, 0XFFFFFADFC31A8000, 0X0000000000000420, 0X0000000000000000)



it says the driver is mismanaging system PTEs. and then dose a physical memory dump.



my system requirements are compatible with the card and i have downloaded the latest updates!



CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!



XFX 8400GS GRAPHICS CARD - Crashing!!!?

The Driver you are using is not compatible with your system. I strongly suggest you contact ATI and let them know what is going on and ask if they have a different Driver you could install.



If they don't, please do not be tempted to use a third party Driver. While some of these types of Drivers may work out just fine, others can cause great system instability, such as you are currently experiancing, and even worse, cause the need to reinstall your OS, or take it back to the condition it was in when you bought it with the Recovery disks which should have came with your system, unless it is a Dell.



Dell never sends out the appropriate Recovery disks, because, according to Dell, their particular Recovery Patition, which is installed alone with the OS, is sufficient to fix any errors which may arise. They are wrong, and I had to order the disks a short five weeks after spending $3,000 dollars on a nice computer system. My system crashed so badly it wiped out Dell's vaunted Recovery program! Bummer!



I had to wait nearly three weeks to get the disks, due to the Fourth of July holiday, and they put off mailing them, then got confused about whether or not they had already mailed them, causing it to drag out to nearly three freaken weeks. :-( Once the disks arrived, it took a half hour to reinstall the OS, and another hour to finish installing the Utilities and Drivers disk, and the software programs. Had I had the disks, I would have been up and running in an hour and a half, instead of three weeks.



If ATI is unable to give you Driver(s) which work with your system, you will need to return that video card, and buy a different one. If you do need to do this, make sure you read the specs on your motherboard to be sure what type of video card is best for your particular system. I strongly reccomend you consider buying one like it came installed with, only one which is an upgrade.



Some motherboard work best with certain video card manufacturer's. I know this sounds odd, but it is simply the truth. My system works best with ATI, and my husband's works best with G-Force. I would only change to a different manufacturer, if and only if, my motherboard specifications clearly stated it was fully compatible. I am building my second computer, (the first houses our Windows Home Server, and its built-in video is sufficient for that application) and my motherboard I choose clearly states that ATI is best choice. While the Nvidea could work, it is reccomended I use ATI for best compatibility.



I am sorry you are having such a horrific time with this video card. Please make sure you have the proper logo on the card of your choice, such as for Vista or XP. This means that the card and it's Drivers have gone through the stringent testing in the Microsoft hardware labs.



Good luck and please have a nice weekend, or at least whats left of it.



XFX 8400GS GRAPHICS CARD - Crashing!!!?

Try asking in this forum http://www.techimo.com/forum/f7/index.ht...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan